Saturday, November 17, 2018

Deutsch [German]

I'm relearning the German language. 10 minutes per day when I focus only on that. I'm using my old textbooks from high school. So far so good. What I don't understand, I google translate, but it seems that my method is working so far. Guess it's not that hard. It's just about the method one adopts for learning. In high school, and as well as the second part of grade school, what most would consider middle school, I had either horrible teachers for the subject or horrible teaching method. I learn languages instinctually, not by learning all the rules. Mainly because the first language I learned is English and that one has more exceptions than rules so I never really learned the why's, only that things are one way or another. And then the rest was filled in by reading fanfiction and watching movies and series online. I'm gonna go and do the same with German after I re-learn at least the basics. One problem will be finding something worth watching that's in the German language. I really don't like German TV production so I'm not sure what I'll watch... I used to love Alarm fur Kobra so I might go with that. And yes, that's the original German name for the series. In English, it would be... Hell, I don't know... In my mother language, it is Kobra 11...

No comments:

Post a Comment